Friday, January 8, 2010

What should I do about one of my best friends? Need some advice pretty please? :D?

Hello everyone. Hope you are all well! =)





Well... I have this one best friend I really care about. We've always been very good friends until about half a year ago. I myself and her other friends feel like we're losing her.


She goes into these moments where she won't speak to us for weeks and ignores every phone call, text or conversation with us. She barely socializes with anyone anymore.


She has this boyfriend she's been with for almost 3 years and she is so convinced she's going to marry him. She is ALWAYS texting him and when she's not doing that she's with him. Even at sleepovers she always talks to him on her phone for hours, even though it's specifically a LADIES night! There's just no more room for us in her life!


Recently I suspect that something hasn't been going well for about a month now with her boyfriend. I am scared she's going to take her life or something like that if he ever left her. She gave up everything for him, even us. He is her life and I dunno how she is going to deal without him if she doesn't seem to want us anymore.


I talked to her recently about this and she told me her parent's separation have made her isolating everyone. I get that but I honestly think the boyfriend is the main cause of all this.


I don't know how to be there for her. Or if I should. I've been friends with her since middle school and I want to be there for her like she has been there for me but I don't know how to let her let me into her life again.


Sorry if this is confusing. I dunno how to word this any other way.


Thanks for your advice! Greatly appreciate it! :)What should I do about one of my best friends? Need some advice pretty please? :D?
Big trauma.To mostly listen and share her concerns will be very important to her.Maybe break the cycle of thought by recalling happy times for you two.Maybe go shopping together,dinner a trip to Disneyland,etc.


It will be very important to help her forget about the past events that really bother her and to look ahead and beyond.


3 years together is like being married and it makes you just sick inside to separate and then on top is a separation of her parents and that is very rough to deal with as well.


Best wishes to you and your friend on a better fun filled happy experience of letting go of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment