Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cell phones in Europe. I'm going to be working all across Europe for 6 months and need advice on the best cell

I'm going to be working and going around many countries. Italy the most. Then, Spain, Greece, and other minor locations. I know my pay-as-you-go phone does not work, but I did use to have a GSM phone (but pulled out of the contract early) so it's not easy to go back with the same carrier.


I was thinking of getting the phone in Italy, but then my mom's calls to me will be atrocious.


My aunt and uncle use Skype but i'm not sure how that works. Maybe i should do that.


What i'd really like is a cell phone that does text and is good for all the countries I am going to.


All advice welcome.Cell phones in Europe. I'm going to be working all across Europe for 6 months and need advice on the best cell
If you plan on going to many places in Europe, but a cheap pay as you go phone, British Telecom, and vodaphone have the best coverage.





as you travel from one country to another you just buy a new sim card for that country if you plan on making calls within that country, or just but the Euromaster phone card.





Make sure you purchase a cell/mobile phone that has been unlocked. if you buy one that lets say carries the orange,voda phone label, british telecom which also goes by the name of o2 it will not work with other carriers.


To unlock a phone in England will cost you about 10 pounds or $20





Spain has a sim card called movie star that works okay for the most part.





I have traveled all over europe, but still found internet cafes to be the best rates, the convienence of a mobile/cell phone is okay, but bear in mind you will not get any free call for evenings or week ends, but the good news you only pay for the calls you make, there is no charge for incoming calls, or deductions for receiveing text messages.








Good luck with your trip, and I hope this information shall be of benefit to you.








PaulCell phones in Europe. I'm going to be working all across Europe for 6 months and need advice on the best cell
The company I saw all over Spain was vodaphone. I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend the guy we rented from.





I understand that if you have a multi band American phone you can get sim cards for Europe. It seems like whatever you get for Europe, you can use for all over Europe.





My friend had a T.Mobile, and it worked fine, but the program she has is outrageously expensive there. (like $1.50/minute or something like that).
t mobile, voto fone, o2, is everywhere in europe. id get one of those prepaid phones and use a calling card. that might be your best bet or you will be paying an arm and a leg for roaming charges if you were to get a contract. plus, its hard as hell to get out of one. so yeah, go with prepaid.
  • pores
  • facial cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment