Thursday, December 31, 2009

I know this isn't the best place for medical advice, but my right foot fell asleep and hasn't ';woken up';?

I had a soccer game last night at 10pm. Before the game, I had been sitting at my computer with my legs resting on the computer tower. I noticed my foot falling asleep so I changed position. I noticed after 15/20 minutes, the ';numbness'; in my right foot was still there.





I went to the soccer game and played, but it felt really weird, and kicking with my right foot I had no power.





So I thought it would fix itself, and I went to sleep that night. Woke up today and it was still there. It causes me to walk with a slight limp, and riding my bike felt VERY awkward when pushing down on the right pedal.





I have to drive home tonight and I am little worried as to what is the problem. The only thing I can think of is a blood clot - which I believe is pretty dangerous.





The student health center is closed now so I can't seek help there. I am 21 years old, male - in decent shape. I don't really work out but I get exercising on the bike. I'm 5'8 or so, about 135.


Should I talk some aspirin as a blood thinner?I know this isn't the best place for medical advice, but my right foot fell asleep and hasn't ';woken up';?
You are right on the money about the blood clot get to the ER asap as you are really lucky it has not traveled to your lungs or heart yet. It is nothing to mess with or wait till a certain clinic is open, get help now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment