Monday, December 28, 2009

Missing a best friend...Need some advice?

So here is the story, I had this best friend for the better half of 10 years. A little over a year and a half ago we had a little bit of a falling out. She started dating this guy (who by the way she is now married to) While is was dating him she averaged 2 weeks to call me back for the most part this was fine I had realized we were growing apart a little bit, but we would always be friends. Then she brought him down to meet me and I watch him being very very controlling over but not my place. So a few months later my father fell extremely ill a few nights before thanksgiving and we were told he did not have long and if something happened to him and they tried to revive him that he would live in a hospital for whatever time he had left and that we should consider making him a DNR which is not something my father wanted he wanted all measures taken. My family was having a really hard time with this so I called her and told her how important it was for her to call me back, 2 and a half weeks later my father passed away and no phone call from her but she found out on one of my brother's facebook/myspace accounts. The out of the blue she called me and came down. I did appreciate her coming down and being with me but while she was down there is made it a point to tell everyone how wonderful she was for coming down and it was like her dad and asking me at my dad's wake if my mother was going to date. after that I did not hear from her for months until she got engaged and I was talked to her on the phone for about 2 hours looking at all the pictures from the engagement and telling her how beautiful it was and how happy I was for her. At that I could not drive up to see her because I had just had ankle surgery on my right ankle and could not drive for 4 months. she finally came down and I saw her ring said it was beautiful and then a few other questions about the wedding she was very anti social with her fiance and it was friends of both here and I we were hanging out but she stuck by his side did not more and like the wake talked about how happy she was and how great everything was with her and her boyfriend. We had a bad falling out over that next week she said I was mean and I ignored her (which no one else that was out seemed to think I did)


I told her that I was still really hurt she wasn't there before he passed even just to talk but I did appreciate her being there after. I said I have a hard time thinking about you the same way I did before because she wasn't really there for me and it was the hardest time of my life (I am only 25 and lost my dad. she kept saying how it was because I hate her boyfriend and why can't I just be happy for her. The truth is i made an attempt to get to know him and it didn't work. i don't know him well enough to hate or like him he was just very stand offish and seemed more interested in who she was talking to at the bar. She then kicked me out of her wedding, on facebook (actually on wedding book) . I then sent her an engagement gift because after all she does still have a piece of my heart she was like a sister to me. and a thinking of you card when I found out her grandmother had passed away and I went to the wake. She sent me an invitation to her wedding a week before the wedding (this past Feb.). I was planning on going but my FH father passed away a day before and I could not make it. I sent her a message on facebook saying the reason I was unable to attend and that I hope it was beautiful and everything she had hoped for and have a great honeymoon and could not wait to see the pictures. She wrote back saying how sorry she was and that she was leaving on her honeymoon but if there was anything I needed and I could call her followed by her number (which I still had, which raised the question did she delete me?) I worte back telling her a still had her number and to give me a call when she got back and that we should get together and I have not heard anything.


Please help!!! She will always be like a sister to me and have a piece of my heart. I miss her and I want to have a friendship again, am I in a helpless situation? What would you ladies do and how..... (sorry its long) Not sure whether to call her, text, email, or message on facebookMissing a best friend...Need some advice?
I say call her! For for lunch, and just talk about life!
  • your cosmetics
  • lipstick gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment