Monday, December 21, 2009

I had a miscarriage at 18wks and am pregnant again. Any advice for me to keep my sanity and hope for the best

Think postive. Worrying stresses the baby. Visualize having a healthy and happy baby. If you believe that then you will make it so.I had a miscarriage at 18wks and am pregnant again. Any advice for me to keep my sanity and hope for the best
avoid stress and whatever your doctor may think cause itI had a miscarriage at 18wks and am pregnant again. Any advice for me to keep my sanity and hope for the best
You should be considered a high risk pregnancy because of a previous miscarriage.. Treat it as such.. Nothing too strenuous.. No strenuous lifting... Avoid stress at all costs.. I know it's next to impossible but try your best.. They say miscarriages happen for a reason.. There may have been something wrong with the unborn fetus... Later on in your pregnancy join groups for pregnant wedding.. Try to get a lot of rest and put your feet up whenever possible.. I wish you nothing but luck and lots of good days ahead.. HUGS..
A misscarraige at 18 weeks is a sign of incompetent cervix. You should ask your doctor to eval you for this condition. Try to avoid stress, avoid sex after 14 weeks and rest as much as you can. Get off your feet and recline as much as possible to give the baby room to move up and relieve pressure on the cervix. Regular check ups and a lot of prayers. I know how heard it is, I have lost 2 beautiful children myself to this problem. I had to switch doctors because my first would not even discuss possible cerviacl porblems but thanks to a caring doc, a cervical cerclauge and a lot of God's grace, I know have 2 beautiful lil girls. Good luck and take care.
I was told 5 weeks into my pregnancy that I was going to miscarry. So, I asked if there was anything I could do about it. The doc non-chalantly said -- yeah, you could just be still and lay down. So, for until the end of my 1st trimester (while cramping like the worst day of my period and bleeding bright red spots), I put myself on strict bedrest. My baby was fine. At 26 weeks I had PTL, and was put on terbutaline and strict bedrest again until the end of my pregnancy. Adele Elise was born 6 days after my due date (right on time!), 7lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long -- and healthy as ever. She is 15 months old now and smearing peanut butter all over the kitchen as we speak ;]
Just do what your doctor tells you to and stay calm. I went through the same thing, and now have a beautiful 14 month old boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment