Monday, December 21, 2009

My baby has eczema on his forehead and the back of his head, need advice,what works best?

My 8month old has a patch of eczema on his forehead and on the back of his head. It's been there for several months and everytime I mention it to the doctor he just tells me ';well it's probably eczema';, and brushes it off. He did tell me to use a moisturizer on it everyday-and well that just didn't do the trick. I've used hydrocorisone cream and it seems to help but just for a day or so. Does anyone have any advice for me? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!My baby has eczema on his forehead and the back of his head, need advice,what works best?
You might switch to the Aveeno cleansers with him. They are a bit expensive but they do work. You might also try to keep those areas moist with lotion or vaseline when they are flaky or inflamed.My baby has eczema on his forehead and the back of his head, need advice,what works best?
Use Eucerin lotion (not the calming cream kind). We used this for my son's severe eczema. The only thing is that you have to constantly reapply it during the day. The more often you do the better it will be. Also you should change baby wash to something that is hypoallergenic. For my son (he is now 3 1/2) his allergist has directed us that the Dove body wash and shampoos are best because they are the most gentle on the skin.
The girl i nanny for had ';eczema'; on most of her body. the doctor suggested lotion, vasline and hydrocortizone cream. These didnt work, so they took her in for an allergy test and found that she was allergic to eggs and peanuts. the parents started watching what they fed her and she cleared up! thats how her body reacted to eggs and peanuts. Maybe get an allergy test done just to be sure. Good luck!
What i found to work wonders was Aveeno lotion for babies. My son has always had really bad dry skin since he was born. So i started using this stuff (link below) and he's had the softest skin since.


http://www.aveeno.com/baby/baby.jsp





Also you can use the aveeno baby wash/shampoo (its a combination, you'll find it right next to the lotion products for babies). Using both will def. help your baby with his very dry skin :-)





You can find these products at walmart, the grocery store, cvs...etc
My son has eczema and he is now 8 and still has it really bad. The trick is keep it under control. For lotion use Eucerine, its the best, it is expensive but worth it. Put it on twice a day no matter if you see spots or not. I think I spelled the lotion name wrong but it is along those lines.
My daughter had it on her back and her wonderful pediatrician recommended Cetaphil, a moisturizing cream,and it is wonderful, a little pricey, but works great on eczema. Good luck!!!
aveeno works wonders for dry and eczema skin types it's hypo allogenic I would suggest the moisturizing body was it's cleared my sons dry sking in less then a week and his skin was terriably dry
Contact his pediatrician and he will give you stuff for it. My son has eczema too and my pediatrician prescribed a medication for it.
use Aveeno(baby), for temporary itch relief
my son has this too he is 5 months hes had it for about 3 months i finally got it to go away with aquphore every second

No comments:

Post a Comment