Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm a 25 yr old female from NYC moving to Melbourne for a year. Any advice? Whats the best area to live in?

I will be doing casual relief teaching and am looking to travel a lot and do fun things in the city for free, especially because a lot of family and friends will be visiting. Just looking for any general suggestions. Even if there are things I definitely should not do, I would love to hear!





I have been to Sydney and Brisbane during the wintertime there and the weather was still beautiful, but I heard it is rainy and cold in Melbourne! Cold to me is 0 degrees F so I am not sure what it means in Australia terms!I'm a 25 yr old female from NYC moving to Melbourne for a year. Any advice? Whats the best area to live in?
The best advice is to live as close to the city centre as possible, especially if you don't have a car. Consider Richmond - it's cheap, yet at the same time reasonably close to the city centre. Richmond has a lot of good shops, cafes, bars, pubs etc.





The coldest Melbourne usually gets in winter is days with a maximum of about 12 degrees C, with overnight minimums of about 5 degrees C. Often in winter it's in the 12-16 degrees C range. It hardly ever goes below freezing, even overnight. It doesn't rain all that much - Melbourne has only half the rainfall of Sydney.





Enjoy!I'm a 25 yr old female from NYC moving to Melbourne for a year. Any advice? Whats the best area to live in?
Cold is around 12 degrees celcius here..


around 53 fahrenheit

No comments:

Post a Comment